AN INDEPENDENT GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP BACKED BY THE EXPERIENCE OF OVER 10,000 ASSIGNMENTS WORLDWIDE.
1. Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
The holding itself, EIM EXECUTIVE INTERIM MANAGEMENT AG, is based in Switzerland, but data is only processed in the local offices. The Trustee for Executive Interim Management Australia NZ Unit Trust trading as Executive Interim Management (“EIM”, “we”, “our” or “us”) is a privately owned independent executive search firm based in Melbourne. We are committed to ensuring that when we collect and use information about visitors to our website, we do so in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
3. Collection of Data
Access to https://www.eim.com.au, the website of EIM Executive Interim Management Australia and New Zealand (“EIM”, “we”, “us”, “our”, “company”), as well as every access to a file stored there will be logged. Non-personal data such as the access data, the retrieved content, characteristics of browser and device in use, operating system, language preferences, country, location and the IP address of the user are stored in order to be used e.g. for system-related (e.g. troubleshooting) and statistical purposes. Statistical purposes include using the data for a clickstream analysis, which allows us to optimise the navigation of our website for users.
Additional personal data (e-mail address, phone number, name, address) is only collected within the website of EIM Executive Interim Management Australia and New Zealand when the users disclose this information voluntarily, such as in the context of inquiries, registration or conclusion of a contract. EIM Executive Interim Management Australia and New Zealand hereby explicitly declares that it will pass on this data to third parties only within the framework and scope of inquiries or for the establishment or implementation and justification of contractual relationships or after requests for data transmission from authorised government agencies.
4. Which categories of personal data do we process?
Next to the automatically captured data stated above, we process data related to your application. This may include general information about you (such as your name, address and contact details), information about your professional qualifications and schooling or information about your professional development, or other information you provide to us in connection with your application.
Incidentally, we may process your publicly available job-related information, such as a profile in professional social media networks.
5. How do we use your information and on which legal basis do we process personal data?
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- To deliver services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service. In our case, this mostly relates to your application from which potentially a contractual relationship with us might arise. The information then is necessary for your and our decision whether to establish a contractual relationship. Furthermore, we can process personal data about you to the extent that this is necessary to defend against asserted legal claims against us arising from the application process.
- To the extent that a contractual relationship between you and us is established, we are allowed to continue processing the personal data we have already received from you for the purposes of the contractual relationship, if this is necessary for the implementation or termination of the contractual relationship or to exercise or fulfil the rights and obligations of the party representing the interests of the employee deriving from a wage agreement, an employment or service agreement (collective bargaining agreement).
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- For other business purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our services, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymised form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
6. Will your information be shared with anyone?
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Fulfillment of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Services, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Services over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
- Affiliated companies of the EIM Corporate Group. We may share your personal information, specifically your cv uploaded on the international eim.com website, with our EIM offices around the world, that act as separate legal entities, but signed a Joint Controllership Agreement, to the extent that is permissible under the purposes and legal bases presented in this policy.
7. Who will your information be shared with?
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorised each party so that you may be easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. You’ll find more detailed information on the individual parties further down below. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us.
- Content Optimisation
YouTube video embed and Google Fonts
- Retargeting Platforms
Google Ads Remarketing , Google Analytics Remarketing, and LinkedIn Website Retargeting
- Social Media Sharing and Advertising
- Web and Mobile Analytics
- Application Process
We may transfer your personal data to companies affiliated with us within the EIM group of companies, insofar as this is possible for the purposes and on the legal basis described in this policy. Furthermore, personal data is processed on our behalf on the basis of contracts pursuant to Art. 28 GDPR, in particular by host providers or providers of applicant management systems.
8. How long will your data be stored?
We store your personal data, for as long as is needed for the decision about your application. To the extent that no contractual relationship is established between you and us, we can continue to store data to the extent that this is required for further pursuit of a contract or to defend against possible legal claims. After a period of two years passes, you will be automatically asked to consent to continued storage of your data.
9. Your Rights:
You have the following data protection rights, depending on the situation and individual cases, which you can exercise by contacting us or the data protection officer of the local EIM office responsible for you at any time:
You have the right to receive information about your personal data processed by us and to request access to your personal data and/or copies of this data. This includes information on the purpose of the use, the category of data used, their recipients and person(s) authorized for access and, if possible, the planned duration of the data storage or, if that is not possible, the criteria for determining that duration.
Rectification, deletion or limitation of processing
You have the right to demand that we rectify your incorrect personal data without delay. Taking into account the purpose of the data processing, you also have the right to demand the completion of your incomplete personal data – also by means of a supplementary declaration.
Right to deletion
You have the right to ask us to delete your personal information without delay and we are obliged to delete personal data immediately if one of the following reasons applies:
- The personal data is no longer necessary for the reasons for which it was collected or otherwise processed
- You object to the processing in accordance with points listed above and there are no legitimate reasons for the processing.
- The personal data has been unlawfully processed.
- The deletion of your personal data is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation under law to which we are subject.
- This does not apply if processing is required:
- to fulfill a legal obligation which requires processing under the law of the Union or of the Member States to which we are subject.
- to assert, exercise or defend legal claims
10. Further Information
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. („Google“): Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA.
Google Analytics uses so-called „cookies“, text files that are stored on your IT system, and that enable analysis of your use of the website. This means, data is collected such as the website a user is coming from before visiting the websites of EIM (“referrer”), which pages are visited and for how long. Web analytics is mainly used to optimize the website according to the user behavior, or to analyze the use of paid ads.
However, the websites of EIM make use of the addon “_gat._anonymizeIp”, with which the ip-addresses of visitors are shortened, and thereby, anonymised.
The information on your use of this website generated by the cookie (including your anonymised IP address) will be transferred to and stored on a Google server in the USA. This is true for all Google services used on this website. Google uses this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity for website operators, and to provide other services related to Internet use and use of the website. Google may also transfer this information to third parties insofar as required by law or insofar as third parties process this data on behalf of Google.
You can prevent the collection of your data by Google Analytics by also clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set that prevents your data being collected on future visits to this site: Disable Google Analytics.
EIM Executive Interim Management implements Google Maps on its websites to display maps and to allow users the creation of routes.
Google Maps is operated by: Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA
Whenever a user visits a website which contains the Google Maps component, Google receives information on the user’s access of this exact website. In case the user is logged into a Google user account while using this website, the data will be associated with the user’s account and captured by Google. This connection can be prevented by logging out from any Google user account before accessing this website. By using Google Maps, you agree to Google capturing, processing, and using the data collected automatically as well as the data you have entered manually.
EIM Executive Interim Management embeds the YouTube video player on its websites to present its users videos of the associated EIM YouTube channels. YouTube is an online video platform that allows the free publishing as well as consumption, rating and commenting of all kinds of videos.
YouTube is operated by YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. YouTube, LLC is a subsidiary of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA.
Whenever a user visits a website which contains a YouTube component, Google receives information on the user’s access of this exact website. Furthermore, the user’s web browser is automatically triggered to download a depiction of the embedded YouTube component from YouTube (when a video is “streamed”, it’s stored in the temporary storage of the user’s web browsing system). In case the user is logged into a YouTube account while visiting this website, the data will be associated with the user’s account and captured by Google. This takes place independently of actually clicking on the YouTube component. This connection can be prevented by logging out from any YouTube account before accessing this website.
LinkedIn Conversion Tracking, Website Retargeting and Insight Tag:
EIM Executive Interim Management uses LinkedIn’s advertisement offers to promote its online presence and offers in the LinkedIn network. LinkedIn is an online social career and business network.
The LinkedIn Insight Tag enables the collection of data regarding members’ visits to our website, including the URL, referrer, IP address, device and browser characteristics (User Agent), and timestamp. This data is encrypted, the IP addresses are truncated, and members’ direct identifiers are removed within seven days in order to make the data pseudonymous. This remaining, pseudonymized data is then deleted within 90 days.
EIM won’t be given information by LinkedIn that could be used to identify affected users. However, if this user is logged into a YouTube account while visiting our website, the data will be associated with the user’s account and captured by LinkedIn. This takes place independently of actually clicking on any LinkedIn component (the Insight Tag is invisible to the user). This connection can be prevented by logging out from any LinkedIn account before accessing our website. Furthermore, LinkedIn members can control the use of their personal data for advertising purposes through their account settings. Non-members can make similar settings on the guest controls page.
Additionally, LinkedIn uses services by partners such as Quantcast, Google Analytics, BlueKai, DoubleClick, Nielsen, Comscore, Eloqua and Lotame, that could create cookies. The creation of such cookies can be disabled here: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
You have a right to complain about the handling of your personal information if you believe that we have interfered with your privacy. Please make a complaint to us in writing in the first instance. We aim to acknowledge receipt as soon as possible and commit to resolve all complaints no later than 30 days. However, there may be instances where this is not possible due to the contents of the complaint. In such circumstances, we will respond to your complaint in a reasonable and practical time. You may wish to contact the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) if you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint.
Contact details: email@example.com
468 St Kilda Rd
Melbourne VIC 3004
Tel +613 8576 8064
EIM (Executive Interim Management) was founded to meet the need in client organisations for experienced leaders at short notice to facilitate and accelerate change. We are an independent global partnership backed by the experience of over 10,000 assignments worldwide.Arrange a consultation >